March 2021 – Updated Risk Assessment Download
6 January 2021 – Letter from Laurence Findlay Download
Covid -19 Update 23 December 2020
The following is the proposed plan for Aberdeenshire schools after the First Minister’s announcement on Saturday 19th December 2020. It adheres exactly to the guidance provided by Scottish Government and will hopefully allow local decisions to be made in the most effective way for children and young people across our Council.
- Schools (including nursery provision where offered) will open to staff only on the 5th of January 2021. The expectation will be that all staff attend to prepare for the programme ahead.
- Children of keyworkers and vulnerable children will attend school on the 6th of January for school age learning and childcare during normal school operating hours. The keyworker definitions have been updated and can be opened below. As before, both parents would require to be category 1 or 2 workers (or one in a single parent household). Children within these categories who are currently isolating should not attend.
- Transport and catering for these groups will be in place from 6th of January. Parent/carers of pupils with Free School Meal entitlement have received a payment via BACS on Wednesday 23rd December 2020.
- On-line learning for all other children and young people will commence on Monday 11th of January. Schools are expected to have planned how this will be coordinated during the previous week.
- The delivery of on-line learning will continue until at least Monday the 18th of January 2021 when the situation will be reviewed. This means that other than vulnerable children and children of keyworkers, no pupil should physically attend their school.
- Central teams will be on hand to support schools with identified vulnerable children and others who may be at risk.
- A further communication will follow week commencing 29th of December with further advice.
Please complete the appropriate form below for any child or member of staff returning to school after being off unwell.
Return to school Plan A Download
Return to school Plan B Download
School Meals Provision For Return of Pupils to Classes
Our Catering Teams are looking forward to welcoming everyone back and providing you with nutritious school lunches again.
The provision of primary school meals will start with a tailored menu for the first two weeks of term, allowing our team to plan for different scenarios as we move forward in an ever-changing environment. School lunch is an important social aspect for our pupils and has been sorely missed during the 20-week absence.
A copy of the tailored menu is available via this web link or from your school directly. Queries for dietary requirements will be managed onsite by your school catering team.
Due to current COVID-19 guidelines we require your support to restrict the handling of cash in schools to reduce the transmission of COVID –19. Please can we ask all parents to register prior to the start of term to make online payments. To register or make payment please follow this link – https://www.aberdeenshire.gov.uk/schools/school-info/meals/online-payments/
Child Friendly Explanation of Coronavirus Download
Covid-19 Guidance to Educational Settings Download
Covid-19 Guidance for Non Healthcare Settings Download
Handwashing Poster Download
Coronavirus Advice Poster Download